- Don't drive while your placard is hung from your rearview mirrow. Doing so is subject to a $50 fine.
- Don't let anyone use your placard. The abuse of your disabled placard is punishable by a $500 fine, a loss of your placard and a 30-day suspension of your drivers's licence.
- Don't park in a cross-hatch area. Those are reserved for van ramp/lift access. The fine for doing this is $100-$300.
- Don't use your disabled placard or plate if you're not entering or exiting the vehicle.
- Don't use your disabled placard in a vehicle that weighs more than 10,000 pounds.
- Don't continue to use your placard after it has expired.
- Display your placard hanging from your rearview mirror when you park in a disabled parking area.
- You may use your privacy sleeve to cover personal information, but you have to remove it if requested by law enforcement.
- Park in a designated space when you need to exit the car.
- Lock your vehicle and close the windows when using your disabled placard.
- Obey all parking rules and regulations.
- Return your parking placard to the RMV's Medical Affairs once it is expired and/or cancelled.